Thursday, August 05, 2004

Alahai Sheherazade!

Originally uploaded by miezaris.

At last, the much awaited (at least myself) NHK drama - ""Sheherazade" was on TV last Saturday, July 30th. Why I was so excited? Coz I was on the TV too. Though only for a few seconds (my Ichiro was so excited and jumping around while telling his Mummy and my Mummy was even better coz she was laughing like 100 times longer than my debut appearance in the Japanese Drama).

I can still remember that day was 2003, Sept. 20th ( mind you my Aqasya was born just the day before and now you know why I can still remember it!), me and 7 other Malaysian students from Fukuoka, Saga and Iizuka made a trip to Port Moji-ko in Kitakyushu for the shooting. Just after my "shimbun" routine, I rushed to the Hakata Eki to catch the Shinkansen ( It took roughly about 12 minutes for a 60km ride) to Kokura and met the NHK staffs.From there we went to the Hotel ?#$%&"! for a quick breakfast and to change into our so called "costume". I was quite fortunate coz my no-dialogue role was "Saudagar Besar Singapura", as you can notice the big green serban was my headgear of the day. Some transformed into "Orang Gaji", "Buruh Kasar" and even "Kuli". The shooting was quite tense, but after a few hours one of us realized that the heroine is Hasegawa Kyouko, Japanese top idol and seing her "close, up and personal", managed to enlightening our first ever experience as extras.

Well back to the drama, I appeared in the scene when the Heroine is about to leave Singapore port (for Shanghai) during the WW2 and the best part was when just before she was about to climb the stairs, she walked behind us (me & Shazwan) with a few other small children adopted from the school she taught during the war. Another scene captured on TV was when in the crowd Tania (another supporting cast) and this suppoting actor (his act was very bad and I think he had more than 20 takes for this particular scene) was so sad to depart and they finally decided to stay put. In this big crowd somehow the camera managed to captured my face just below someone's chin. Ha ha ha....what a crap!!

I called it off the second day coz I would rather be with my wife and my newborn Aqasya and the rest of the family rather than this Hasegawa Kyoko thing and some unknown faces. Well, to make it straight to the point, it was just not my thing!!!

To Mustafa, Kodek, Imam, Syazwan, Tarmizi, Cipet and Talam, thank you for the memory....miezaris@


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home